1 . All of the following forms of power derivied from the project manager's position, EXCEPT :
When someone is given the job of project manager. they will have formal, reward, and penalty power. But just having the position does not make theÂ project manager either a technical or project management expert. Expert power has to be earned
2. You have just been assigned as project manager for a large telecommunications project. This one year project is about halfway done. The project team consists of 5 sellers and 20 of your company's employees. You want to understand who is responsible for doing what on project. Where would you find such information ?
The resource histogram shows the number of resources used in each time period. In its pure form, a bar chart shows only activity and caledar date. The organizational chart shows who reports to whom. The responsibility assignment matrix shows who will do the work
3. Virtual team is a tool for which of the following processes ?
AÂ virtual team is a tool for the acquire project team process.
4. You are considering the idea of putting all team member in the same physical location for the first time. All of the following is true about colocation, reporting structure, and other items. Which of the following is not true about co-location ?
The objective of collocation, or the war room is to build a better relationship among the team members, enhance their ability to perform as a team,identify concerns and issues in the project, and figure out solutions for those issues. The idea is not to point fingers at other team members or get involved in any kind of argument
5. The MOST common cause of conflict on a project are schedules, project priorities, and :
Know the top four sources of conflict on projects : schedules, project priorities, resources and technical opinion, so you can answer questions such as this one.
Personality is not a major cause of conflict.
6. You are currently managing the team through observing, using issue logs, keeping in touch, providing feedback, completing performance appraisals, resolving issues and conflicts, and though other methods. You are in which of the following human resource management processes ?
Manage team is the process of managing the team through observing,Â using issue logs, keeping in touch, providing feedback, completing performance appraisals, resolving issues and conflicts, and other factors.
7. You are in the Plan Resource management process to create on overall staffing management plan by identifying the availability of resources and those resources' skill levels. Which of the following is NOT a tool & technique in this process ?
Colocation is a tool and technique used in Develop Team process, not in the Plan Resource Management process
8. A project manager is overseeing a complex custom CSM solution that has rigorous quality standards and high schedule constraints. The project manager just found out that one of the key deliverables in the project was not completed because the team member responsible dor it was assigned to another higher-priority project by her functional manager. Who will be the person for the project manager to address the issue with this kind of situation ?
It is one of the key role of the sponsor to prevent unnecessary changes in the project in addition to providing funding for the project.
9. A project manager is in Develop Project Team process focusing on enhancing project performance by building a sense of team and improving competencies, team interaction, and overall team environment. While referring to Tuckman's model, she notices that the greatest level of conflict in the five different stages of team building is most likely to appear in which of the following stages :
Storming follows the forming stage, and it is where the team begins to address project work, technical decision, areas of disagreement, and project management approaches. The team typicallyÂ goes through some conflicts and difficulties in this stage more than any other.
10. You were informed by management that an external audit team will be auditing your project to make sure that the project complies with standard organizational project management policies and procedures. During the audit, the key auditor wants to review the training plan for the team members as well as their certification requirements. You should refer the auditor to which of the following ?
The staffing management plan identifies the training needs and certification requirements of the team members.