1Â . A project manager has a problem with a team member's performance. What is the BEST form of communication for addressing this problem ?
The best choice isÂ Informal verbal communication. This does not mean you do not keep records of the problem, but it is the best to start discussion informally. If informal communication does not solve the problem, formal written communication is the next choice
2. The sender-receiver model is a basic model of communication that demonstrates how information is sent from the sender and how it is received by the receiver. This model is designed to assist project managers and team members in improving their communication skills. ThisÂ communication model highlights mostly on which one of the following ?
The sender-receiver model highlights awareness about the appropriate message to be delivered, the potential barriers or noises that may be encountered, and the significance of a feedback loop to improve delivery and understanding of message.
3. Formal written correspondence with customer is required when :
Everything we do is more formal in a procurement environment than in other project activities. Therefore, formal written communication is required when theÂ customer requestsÂ work not covered under the contract
4. A project manager has six stakeholders during requirement gathering phase but the number increase to eleven in the design phase. How many additional channels communication were added at design phase ?
The formula to determine channels of communication is Number of channels = n(n-1)/2 where nÂ is the number of stakeholders.
So, originally there were ^ stakeholders which means 6(6-1)/2 =15 channels
Now there are 11 stakeholders,Â soÂ 11(11-1)/2= 55 channels
Therefore, an additional (55-15) = 40 channels have been added
5.Â As project manager, Henry is cognizant of the importance of effective communication, and he always makes sure that he has the proper physical mannerism, such as facial expressions, hand gestures, and body language, while conveying a message. He is also particularly observant to pitch and the tone of his voice, and he tries to receive comments and feedback from the receiver while communicating. What percentage of Henry's message is sent through nonverbal communication ?
About 55 percent of all communication are nonverbal (e.g., based on physical mannerisms such as facial expressions, hand gesture, and body language)
6. A project manager is in the process of making relevant information available to project stakeholders in a timely manner as planned. The project manager is involved in which of the following processes ?
Manage Communication is the process of making relevant information available to the project stakeholder in a timely manner as planned by creating, collecting, sorting, retrieving, and distributing project information. It is performed throughout the entire project life cycle and in all management processes.
7.Â A project manager is in the process of ensuring that the information needs of the project stakeholders are met by monitoring and controlling communication throughout the project life cycle
Monitor CommunicationÂ isÂ the process of ensuring that the information needs of the project stakeholders are met by monitoring and controlling communication throughout the project life cycle. The focus of this process is to ensure efficient information flow to all stakeholders at any moment in time within the project
8. A project manager overseeing an ERP implementation project planned to distribute large volumes of informationÂ about the project to a large audience. He decided to post the information in an online knowledge repository for access at dicreation of stakeholders. This type of communication method is known as :
PullÂ communications utilize intranet sites, e-learning, knowledge repositories, and other types of accessible database for a large volume of information or for a large audience who will be accessing the contents at their own discretion.
9. YouÂ have been managing a multi-year construction project for one of your most important clients. You requested your lead business analyst to develop a reports that will capture project results for last four years and illustrate whether project performance is improving or deteriorating. You are interested in which of the following reports ?
Trend report examines project results over time to see if performance is improving or deteriorating.
10. While working on your communication plan, you haveÂ considered severalÂ communication technologies to transfer information among project stakeholders. Communication technology will take into account the following factors that can affect the project EXCEPT which one ?
Communication technology will take into account urgency of the need for information, expected project staffing, and duration of the project, but NOT reason for distribution of information.